Seagry is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Upper Seagry and Lower Seagry.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1610
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
Table of Contents
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SEAGRY, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 6 miles N N E of Chippenham r. station. Post-town, Chippenham. Acres, 1,014. Rated property, £1,960. Pop., 263. Houses, 51. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £173. Patron, the Earl of Carnarvon. The church was recently rebuilt.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Chippenham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chippenham
- Hundred: Malmesbury
- Province: Canterbury