Rushall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1652
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1622
Nonconformists include: General Baptist and Presbyterian.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
RUSHALL, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 3 miles SSE of Woodborough r. station, and 3½ SW of Pewsey. Post-town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 2,164. Real property, £2,316. Pop., 224. Houses, 50. R. Hall is the seat of Sir E. Poore, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £390. Patron, the Warden of Merton College, Oxford. The church is good; and there is a Baptistchapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Pewsey
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Pewsey
- Hundred: Swanborough (Wiltshire)
- Province: Canterbury