Redlynch, Wiltshire Family History Guide

Redlynch is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Wiltshire, created in 1838 from chapelry in Downton Ancient Parish.

Alternative names: Redlinch

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1838
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1838

Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

REDLYNCH, a hamlet and a chapelry in Downton parish, Wilts. The hamlet lies near the S verge of thecounty, 1½ mile E of the river Avon, 5¾ SW of Dean r. station, and 7 SE by S of Salisbury; and has a post-office under Salisbury. The chapelry was constituted in 1841. Pop., 1,170. Houses, 280. The property is munch sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of Downton. The church is good.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

FamilySearch Catalog

Church Records

Bishop’s transcripts for Redlynch, 1838-1880 Author: Church of England. Chapelry of Redlynch (Wiltshire)

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Wiltshire
  • Civil Registration District: Alderbury
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
  • Diocese: Salisbury
  • Rural Deanery: Wilton
  • Poor Law Union: Alderbury
  • Hundred: Downton
  • Province: Canterbury