Preshute is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Langdon Wyke, Furze Cope, Elcot, Clatford, Wykedown, Temple Ruckley, and Manton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1606
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- Marlborough St Mary the Virgin
- Berwick Bassett
- Overton Heath
- Ogbourne St Andrew
- Winterbourne Bassett
- Broad Hinton
- Clatford Park
- Marlborough St Peter and St Paul
- North Savernake
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PRESHUTE, a parish in Marlborough district, Wilts; on the river Kennet, 1¼ mile SW of Marlborough r. station. It includes Clatford, Elcot, and Manton tythings; and is within Marlborough parliamentary borough. Post-town, Marlborough. Acres, 5,351. Real property, with Savernake Park, £10,223. Pop., 1,209. Houses, 177. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £186. Patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is partly Norman, and in good condition; and has a brass of 1518.The Marlborough workhouse is here. There are a national school, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Preshute Marriages 1606 to 1812
Preshute Wiltshire Marriages 1606 to 1812 - View Online
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Marlborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Salisbury (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Marlborough
- Poor Law Union: Marlborough
- Hundred: Selkley
- Province: Canterbury