Poulshot is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Polshot
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1627
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1596
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
POULSHOT, a parish in Devizes district, Wilts;on an affluent of the river Avon, 2½ miles SSE of Seend r. station, and 3½ SW by W of Devizes. It has a post-office under Devizes. Acres, 1,589. Real property, £3,961. Pop., 334. Houses, 73. The manor belongs to W. Long, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £463. Patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. The church was recently restored. There is an endowed school with £11 a year.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Chandler Cornelius, Poulshot, Wilts, cattle dealer, July 22, 1831.
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Devizes
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Devizes
- Hundred: Melksham
- Province: Canterbury