Plaitford is a chapelry of West Grimstead Ancient Parish in Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1710
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1622
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PLAITFORD, a parish in the district of Romsey and county of Wilts; adjacent to Hants, 5 miles W by S of Romsey r. station. Post-town, Romsey. Acres, 1,178. Rated property, £800. Pop. in 1851, 330; in 1861, 248. Houses, 45. The decrease of pop. was caused mainly by the demolition of cottages. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £345. Patron, the Earl of Ilchester. The church is good; and there is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Romsey
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Romsey
- Hundred: Alderbury
- Province: Canterbury