Pertwood is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Upper Pertwood
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1813
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1608
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PERTWOOD, a parish in Mere district, Wilts; on the Roman road to Old Sarum, 2 miles NW of Hindon, and 5½ NW of Tisbury r. station. Post-town, Hindon, under Salisbury. Acres, 450. Rated property, £480. Pop., 30. Houses, 5. The property is all in one estate. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £56. Patron, Mrs. Seymour. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Mere
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Wylye
- Poor Law Union: Mere
- Hundred: Warminster
- Province: Canterbury