Patney is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1592
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PATNEY, a parish in Devizes district, Wilts; on the river Avon, and on the Mid-Wilts railway, 3 miles W by S of Woodborough r. station, and 4½ ESE of Devizes Post-town, Devizes. Acres, 830. Real property, £1,532. Pop., 154. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Lord Radnor. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £225. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is ancient but good, and has a wooden spire. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Patney Marriages 1594 to 1812
Patney Wiltshire Marriages 1594 to 1812 - View Online
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Devizes
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Devizes
- Hundred: Elstub and Everleigh
- Province: Canterbury