Ogbourne St Andrew is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Maisey, Rockley, and Ogbourne.
Alternative names: St Andrew Ogbourne, Ogbourn St Andrew, Little Okebourne
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1591
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OGBOURNE-St. Andrew, or Little Okebourne, a village and a parish in Marlborough district, Wilts. The village stands on a small affluent of the river Kennet, 2 miles N of Marlborough r. station; and has a post-office, of the name of Ogbourne, St. Andrew, under Marlborough. The parish comprises the tythings of Ogbourne, Maisey, and Rockley. Acres, 5,347. Real property, £5,408. Pop., 518. Houses, 107. The property is divided among a few. Rockley House was the seat of the late Sir John Smith, and is now the seat of Mr. Tanner. A preceptory of the Knights of St. John was at Rockley. The limits include a considerable portion of Marlborough downs. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £160. Patrons, the Dean and Canons of Windsor. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. A chapel of ease was formerly at St. Leonard.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Marlborough
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Canons of Windsor in Wantage
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - None, Post-1846 - Marlborough
- Poor Law Union: Marlborough
- Hundred: Selkley
- Province: Canterbury