Oaksey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Wick, Kimble Wick, Kemble Wick, and Flintham.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1670
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OAKSEY, a village and a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts. The village stands near the Swindon and Gloucester railway, 3 miles SE of Akeman-street at the boundary with Gloucestershire, 5¼ NW of Minety r. station, and 6 NE by N of Malmsbury; and has a post-office under Cirencester. The parish contains also the hamlet of Flintham and part of the tything of Kemble-Wick. Acres, 1,802. Real property, £4,630. Pop., 450. Houses, 105. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the Misses Salisbury. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £406. Patron, Capt. Mullins. The church is partly Norman; was recently restored; has some stained windows, and an embattled tower. There are a Primitive Methodist chapel, a national school, and charities £4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Malmesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Malmesbury
- Hundred: Malmesbury
- Province: Canterbury