North Wraxall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: North Wraxhall
Other places in the parish include: Upper Wraxall and Ford.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1677
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
- West Kington
- Castle Combe
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WRAXALL (North), a parish, with Upper Wraxall and Ford hamlets, in Chippenham district, Wilts; 4½ miles N of Box r. station, and 7 W by N of Chippenham. It has a post-office under Chippenham. Acres, 2,127. Real property, £3,575. Pop., 466. Houses, 112. The manor belongs to Lord Methuen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £450. Patron, Oriel College, Oxford. The church is good; and there is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham