North Tidworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: North Tedworth, North Todworth
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1700
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1620
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
TIDWORTH (North), a parish, with a village, in the district of Andover and county of Wilts; 2 miles SW of Ludgershall, and 5¾ NNW of Grateley r. station. It has a post-office under Marlborough, and an inn. Acres, 3,069. Real property, with Ludgershall, £4,133. Pop. of N. T. alone, 345. Houses, 68. T. Park was the seat of the late T. Assheton Smith, Esq.; had, in his time, a remarkable sporting establishment, still commemorated in the Tidworth hunt; and occupies the site of a manor-house which gave rise to Addison’s play of the “Drummer or the Haunted House” The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £266. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. Charities, £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Andover
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Andover
- Hundred: Amesbury
- Province: Canterbury