Nettleton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1557
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1603
Nonconformists include: Baptist, Wesleyan
- West Kington
- Castle Combe
- Littleton Drew
- North Wraxall
- Acton Turville
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NETTLETON, a village and a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts. The village stands ½ a mile SE of the boundary with Gloucestershire, 1¼ WNW of Akeman-street, and 7½ NW by W of Chippenham r. station. The parish comprises 1,959 acres. Post-town, Chippenham. Real property, £3,373. Pop., 632. Houses, 126. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to T. Penrice, Esq. There is a large barrow, with three stones of a cromlech. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £408. Patron, Domville, Esq. The church is ancient but good, and has a tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Wesleyans.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham
Hundred: North Damerham