Netheravon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Chisenbury-de-la-Folly.
Alternative names: Netherhaven
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1582
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1579
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist and Primitive Methodist.
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
NETHERAVON, a village, a parish, and a sub district, in Pewsey district, Wilts. The village stands on the river Avon, 5 miles N by W of Amesbury, and 8 S by E of Woolborough r. station; and has a post-office under Marlborough. The parish contains also the tything of Chisenbury-de-la-Folly. Acres, 5,160. Real property, with Figheldean, £9,649. Rated property of N. alone, £3,664. Pop., 546. Houses, 121. The property is not much divided. The manor, with Netheravon House, belongs to Sir M. E. H. Beach, Bart. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £348. Patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is ancient, was recently restored, and has a pinnacled tower. There are chapels for Baptists and Primitive Methodists, and charities £7. Sydney Smith was curate here. The sub-district contains also twelve other parishes, and a chapelry. Acres, 36,866. Pop., 5,471. Houses, 1,199.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Pewsey
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Netheravon
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – None, Post-1846 – Potterne
- Poor Law Union: Pewsey
- Hundred: Elstub and Everleigh
- Province: Canterbury