Minety is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Minty
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1663
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Baptist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MINETY, or MINTY, a village and a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts. The village stands near the ancient forest of Bredon, and near the Swindon and Gloucester branch of the Great Western railway, 3¾ miles SW of the boundary with Gloucestershire, and 5½ ENE of Malmsbury; and has a station with telegraph on the railway, and a post office under Malmsbury. The parish comprises 3,470 acres. Real property, £7,293. Pop., 182. Houses, 169. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to Capt. Arthur Mullings. Minety House is a chief residence. There is a mineral spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £300. Patron, the Archdeacon of Wilts. The church is later English, in fair condition, with a tower; and contains a piscina, and a brass and monuments of the Powletts, the Pleydells, and others. Charities, £40. Admiral Penn’s father was a resident.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Malmesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Malmesbury
- Hundred: Malmesbury
- Province: Canterbury