Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Manningford Abbas, Manningford Abbotts
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
- Manningford Bruce
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
MANNINGFORD-ABBOTS, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 2 miles SW of Pewsey r. station. Post town, Pewsey, under Marlborough. Acres, 919. Real property, £1,484. Pop., 1 39. Houses, 32. The manor belonged to Llanthony abbey; and was given, at the dissolution, to Protector Somerset. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £300. Patron, Sir F. Astley, Bart. The church is ancient.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Pewsey
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Rural Deanery: Marlborough
Poor Law Union: Pewsey
Hundred: Swanborough (Wiltshire)