Littleton Drew is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Drew, Littleton St Andrew, St Andrew Littleton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1706
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
- Castle Combe
- Acton Turville
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LITTLETON-DREW, or LITTLETON-ST. ANDREW, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on Akeman-street, adjacent to Gloucester, 8 miles NW of Chippenham town and r. station. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 971. Real property, £1,411. Pop., 233. Houses, 46. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to the Duke of Beaufort. A large barrow, with three stones of a fallen cromlech on the top, is about a mile from the church. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £180. Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The church was rebuilt in 1856.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham