Leigh is a chapelry of Ashton Keynes Ancient Parish in Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1683
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist
- South Cerney
- Ashton Keynes
- Cricklade St Sampson
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LEIGH, a chapelry in Ashton-Keynes parish, Wilts; on the river Thames, near the boundary with Gloucestershire, 1½ mile NE of Minety r. station, and 3 WSW of Cricklade. Post town, Ashton-Keynes, under Cricklade. Rated property, £2,196. Pop., 312. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Ashton-Keynes, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. The church is good; and there are charities £25.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Cricklade
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Cricklade
Poor Law Union: Cricklade and Wootton Bassett
Hundred: Highworth, Cricklade and Staple