Langley Fitzurse is a chapelry of Kington St Michael Ancient Parish in Wiltshire
Alternative names: Kington Langley
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1865
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
- Langley Burrell
- Sutton Benger
- Tytherton Kellaways
- Chippenham with Tytherton Lucas
- Stanton St Quintin
- Kington St Michael
- Draycot Cerne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KINGTON-LANGLEY, a tything and a chapelry in Kington-St. Michael parish, Wilts. The tything lies 1 mile NE of Kington-St. Michael village, and 2½ N of Chippenham r. station; and has a post office under Chippenham. Acres, 1,642. Real property, £3,277. Pop., 530. Houses, 121. The chapelry is conterminate with the tything; and bears the alternative name of Langley-Fitzurse. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £100. Patron, the Vicar of Kington-St. Michael. The church was built in 1855. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Chippenham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chippenham
- Hundred: North Damerham
- Province: Canterbury