Landford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1585
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1599
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
LANDFORD, a village and a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts. The village stands on a branch of the river Test, 2¼ miles from the boundary with Hants, 6 SE by S of Dean r. station, and 10 SE by E of Salisbury; and has a post-office under Salisbury. The parish comprises 1,689 acres. Real property, with Plaitford, £2,935. Rated property of L. alone, £1,561. Pop., 278. Houses, 55. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Lyghs; passed to the Davenants and the Eyres; and is now held by the Dowager Countess Nelson. Landford Lodge was the seat of the Greatheeds, and is now the property of J. R. Wigram, Esq. Iron ore exists, but has not been worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £280. Patron, Earl Nelson. The church was rebuilt in 1858.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Alderbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Amesbury
- Poor Law Union: Alderbury
- Hundred: Frustfield
- Province: Canterbury