Imber is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1709
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1623
Nonconformists include: Particular Baptist
- East Coulston
- Little Cheverell
- Chitterne All Saints
- Cheverell Magna
- West Lavington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
IMBER, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; in Salisbury plain, 4 ½ miles NE by N of Heytesbury r. station, and 6½ ENE of Warminster. Post town, Heytesbury, under Bath. Acres, 3,033. Real property, £2,616. Pop., 382. Houses, 85. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £120. Patron, the Marquis of Bath. The church contains two effigies of Knights Templars, and is good. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Warminster
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Potterne
Poor Law Union: Warminster
Hundred: Heytesbury; Swanborough