Hullavington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Surrendral, Surrendell, Surrendel, and Newtown.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1654
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational, Particular Baptist, Primitive Methodist, and Society of Friends/Quaker.
- Littleton Drew
- Sherston Magna with Sherston Parva
- Stanton St Quintin
- Westport St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HULLAVINGTON, a village and a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts. The village stands 5 miles SW by S of Malmsbury, and 6 NW by N of Chippenham r. station; and has a post-office under Chippenham. The parish includes the tything of Surrendral, and comprises 3,121 acres. Real property, £4,605. Pop., 700. Houses, 152. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the priory of St. Victor, near Rouen; passed to the Crown; was given, by Henry VI., to Eton College; and is now held by Sir John Neeld, Bart., as lessee. The parish is a meet for the Beaufort hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £194. Patron, Eton College. The church is ancient; has some good early English work, and a tower; and, in 1866, was much out of repair. There are chapels for Independents, Baptists, and Primitive Methodists, a school partly supported by Sir John Neeld, and charities £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Malmesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Malmesbury
- Hundred: Chippenham; Malmesbury
- Province: Canterbury