Hinton Parva is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Little Hinton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1654
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605; 1619
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
Table of Contents
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HINTON (LITTLE), or HITON-PARVA, a parish in Highworth district, Wilts; near the boundary with Berks and near the Ridge way, 3 miles S of Shrivenham r. station, and 5 E of Swindon. It has a post-office under Shrivenham. Acres, 1,815. Real property, £3,604. Pop. in 1851, 354; in 1861, 298. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £444. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is partly transition Norman, partly decorated English; and was restored in 1861. Charities £35.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Poorhouses & Poor Law
Out relief from the board of guardians’ minutes of Highworth & Swindon Union, 1842-1879 Author: Hurley, Beryl; Hassell, Margory; Highworth and Swindon Union (Wiltshire); Wiltshire Family History Society
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Highworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Cricklade
- Poor Law Union: Highworth and Swindon
- Hundred: Elstub and Everleigh
- Province: Canterbury