Hardenhuish is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Harnish
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1730
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARDENHUISH, or HARNISH, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; adjacent to the Great Western railway, 1½ mile NW of Chippenham. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 1,477. Real property, £1,227. Pop., 117. Houses, 27. The property is divided among a few. Hardenhuish Park is the seat of E. L. Clutterbuck, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £90. Patron, E. L. Clutterbuck, Esq. The church is good; and the churchyard contains the tomb of Thorpe, the antiquary, and a marble monument to Ricardo, the political economist. There is a free school. Anstey, the author of the “New Bath Guide,” died here.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Chippenham
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Chippenham
- Hundred: Chippenham
- Province: Canterbury