Ham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1721
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1606
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HAM, a parish in the district of Hungerford and county of Wilts; adjacent to Berks, 4 miles S by W of Hungerford r. station. Post town, Shalbourne, under Hungerford. Acres, 1,605. Real property, with Henley, £929. Pop., 249. Houses, 56. Part of the land is downs, disposed in sheepwalk. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £457. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Hungerford
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Marlborough
- Poor Law Union: Hungerford
- Hundred: Elstub and Everleigh
- Province: Canterbury