Garsdon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1672
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GARSDON, a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts; 2 miles ENE of Malmsbury, and 5½ WSW of Minety r. station. Post town, Malmsbury, under Chippenham. Acres, 1,136. Real property, with Lea, £4,815. Rated property of G. alone, £1,486. Pop., 206. Houses, 39. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Lea, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £ 441. Patron, F. Gale, Esq. The church is modern.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Malmesbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
- Poor Law Union: Malmesbury
- Hundred: Malmesbury
- Province: Canterbury