Fonthill Bishop is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Bishops Fonthill, Fonthill Bishops
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1754
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1624
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BISHOPS-FONTHILL, a parish in Tisbury district, Wilts; 2 miles ENE of Hindon, and 3 N of Tisbury r. station. Post Town, Hindon, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,735. Real property, with Chilmark and Rudge, £5,008. Pop., 187. Houses, 43. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £246. Patron, the Bishop of Winchester. The church is early English, and in fair condition. Charities, £11.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Tisbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Chalke
- Poor Law Union: Tisbury
- Hundred: Downton
- Province: Canterbury