Fisherton Delamere is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Bapton.
Alternative names: Fisherton de la Mare, Fisherton de la Mere
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1561
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605; 1608; 1622
- Chitterne St Mary
- Chitterne All Saints
- Teffont Magna
- Codford St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FISHERTON-DE-LA-MERE, a parish in Wilton district, Wilts; on the river Wiley, adjacent to the Somerset and Weymouth railway, near Wiley r. station, 8½ miles NW by W of Wilton. It includes Bapton hamlet; and its post town is Codford-St. Mary, under Bath. Acres, 2,861 Rated property, £2,785. Pop., 333. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the De la Meres of Nunnery Castle, in Somerset; and Fisherton House, now the seat of John Davis, Esq., is thought to occupy the site of their mansion. The parish is a meet for the South Wilts hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £135. Patron, John Davis, Esq. The church was mainly rebuilt in 1833, and has a tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Wilton
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Wylye
- Poor Law Union: Wilton
- Hundred: Warminster
- Province: Canterbury