Easton Royal is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Easton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1580
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Collingbourne Kingston
- South Savernake with Brimslade and Cadley
- Wootton Rivers
- Milton Lilbourne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EASTON, a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts; near the Kennet and Avon canal and the Berks and Hants railway, 3¼ miles E of Pewsey r. station, and 6¼ S by E of Marlborough. Post town, Burbage, under Marlborough-Acres, 2,080. Real property, £2,911. Pop., 463. Houses, 100. The property is all in one estate. Easton Hill is crowned with a barrow. A priory or hospital for Trinitarian canons was founded here, by Archdeacon Stephens, in the time of Henry III.; and was given, at the dissolution, to the Seymours. The living is a donative in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported. Patron, the Marquis of Aylesbury. The church was built in 1591 by the family of the Protector; and is very good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £26.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Pewsey
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Rural Deanery: Marlborough
Poor Law Union: Pewsey