Easton Grey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1725
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
- Sherston Magna with Sherston Parva
- Shipton Moyne
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
EASTON (Grey), a parish in Malmsbury district, Wilts; on Akeman-street and the river Avon, at the boundary with Gloucester, 3¼ miles W of Malmsbury, and 10½ N by W of Chippenham r. station. Post town, Malmsbury, under Chippenham. Acres, 1,046. Real property, with Norton, £3,134. Pop., 177. Houses, 39. The property is all in one estate. The manor belonged to the Parrys. An ancient camp called White Walls, situated on high ground, is believed to have been the Roman station of Mutuantonis, and has yielded Roman coins and pottery. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £300. Patron, the Rev. W. S. Birch. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Malmesbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Malmesbury
Hundred: Chippenham; Malmesbury