East Kennett is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: East Kennet, East Kennett, East Kynett
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers:
- Bishop’s Transcripts:
- Stanton St Bernard
- Alton Barnes
- Alton Priors
- All Cannings
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
KENNET (EAST), a parish in Marlborough district, Wilts; on the river Kennet, near its source, 4½ miles N of Woodborough r. station, and 5 WSW of Marlborough, Post town, Marlborough. Acres, 808. Real property, with East and West Kennet, £2,228. Pop., 78. Houses, 20. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £113. Patron, R. Mathews, Esq. The church was rebuilt in 1864, on the site of the previous one; and is in the early English style.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Marlborough
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Rural Deanery: Avebury
Poor Law Union: Marlborough