East Harnham is a chapelry of Britford Ancient Parish in Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1854
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1854
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- West Harnham
- Salisbury the Close of the Canons of the Cathedral Church
- Salisbury St Martin
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
HARNHAM (EAST), a tything and a chapelry in Britford parish, Wilts. The tything lies near the river Avon and the Bishopstoke and Salisbury railway, ½ a mile S of Salisbury; and has a post-office under Salisbury. The chapelry was constituted in 1855. Rated property, £990. Pop., 461. Houses, 79. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £70. Patron, the Vicar of Britford. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Alderbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - None, Post-1846 - Chalke
Poor Law Union: Alderbury
Hundred: Cawden and Cadworth