East Grimstead is a chapelry of West Dean Ancient Parish in Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: None
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- West Grimstead
- West Dean
- Pitton and Farley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
GRIMSTEAD (EAST), a chapelry in West Dean parish, Wilts; on the Bishopstoke and Salisbury railway, near Dean r. station, and near the binndary with Hants, 5¼ miles ESE of Salisbury. Post town, West Dean, under Romsey. Acres, 930. Real property, £1,153. Pop., 136. house, 33. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of West Dean, in the diocese of Salisbury. The church is a modern edifice, in the late
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Alderbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Amesbury
Poor Law Union: Alderbury