East Coulston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Baynton and West Coulston.
Alternative names: Coulston
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1714
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1622
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COULSTON (East), a parish in Westbury district, Wilts; at the north-west verge of Salisbury plain, 5¼ miles ENE of Westbury, and about 6½ from Melksham, Trowbridge, and Westbury r. stations. Post town, Edington, under Westbury. Acres, 868. Real property, £3,013. Pop., 119. Houses, 23. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £168. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. Mrs. Delany, the niece of Lord Lansdowne, famous for cutting flowers in paper, was a native.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Westbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Potterne
Poor Law Union: Westbury and Whorwellsdown