Draycot Cerne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1691
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1601
- Langley Burrell
- Langley Fitzurse
- Sutton Benger
- Tytherton Kellaways
- Stanton St Quintin
- Bremhill with Foxham and Highway
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DRAYCOT-CERNE, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; near the river Avon and the Great Western railway, 3½ miles NNE of Chippenham. Post town, Chippenham. Acres, 1,066. Real property, £1,839. Pop., 158. Houses, 29. All the property, with Draycot-Cerne House, belonged formerly to the Cernes and the Longs; and belongs now to the Earl of Mornington. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, 234. Patron, the Earl of Mornington. The church is ancient; has a tower; contains a brass to Sir Edward Cerne of 1380, and monuments of the Longs; and is very good. Charities, £25.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham