Ditteridge is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Ditcheridge
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1584
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
- Monkton Farleigh
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DITTERIDGE, or Ditcheridge, a parish in Chippenham district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, and on the Great Western railway, ½ a mile N by E of Box r. station, and 7 miles WSW of Chippenham. Post town, Box, under Chippenham. Acres, 374. Rated property, £550. Pop., 110. Houses, 25. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £131. Patron, W. Northey, Esq. The church is Norman and early English, in good condition.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Chippenham
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
Rural Deanery: Malmesbury
Poor Law Union: Chippenham