Diltons Marsh is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Wiltshire, created in 1845 from chapelry in Westbury Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Dilton Marsh
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1844
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1844
Nonconformists include: Baptist
- Beckington with Standerwick
- Upton Scudamore
- North Bradley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
DILTON-MARSH, a chapelry in Westbury parish, Wilts; on the Westbury and Yeovil railway, adjacent to the boundary with Somerset, 2½ miles WSW of Westbury. It was constituted in 1845; is partly identical with Dilton chapelry; and has a post-office under Westbury. Rated property, £5,271. Pop., 1,561. Houses, 380. The property is much subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of Salisbury. The church is recent; and there are charities £93.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Westbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Wylye
Poor Law Union: Westbury and Whorwellsdown
Hundred: Westbury (Wiltshire)