Coombe Bissett is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire. West Harnham is a chapelry of Coombe Bissett.
Parish church: St Michael and All Angels
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1637
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1579
- West Harnham
- Toyd Farm with Allenford
- Stratford Tony
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COOMBE-BISSETT, a parish in Alderbury district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, 3 miles S of Wilton r. station, and 3½ SW of Salisbury. It has a post office under Salisbury. Acres, 2,196. Real property, with Hornington and Odstock, £5,180. Pop., 337. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of West Harnham, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £220. Patron, the Prebendary of Combe. The church is very good. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Alderbury
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Prebendal of Coombe and Harnham
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - None, Post-1846 - Chalke
Poor Law Union: Alderbury
Hundred: Cawden and Cadworth