Collingbourne Kingston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Vallance, Southton, Kingston, Brunton, and Aughton.
Parish church: St Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Easton Royal
- Tidcombe and Fosbury
- Milton Lilbourne
- East Grafton
- Collingbourne Ducis
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLLINGBOURNE-KINGSTON, a village and a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts. The village stands on an affluent of the river Avon, 3¾ miles NW of Ludgers-hall, and 6 S by E of Savernake r. station; contains several old cottages of ornately-worked brick and flint; and has a post office under Marlborough and an inn. The parish includes also the tythings of Southton, Brunton, Kingston, and Aughton. Acres, 7,293. Real property, £8,014. Pop., 903. Houses, 169. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Collingbournes; one of whom was executed, in the time of Richard III., on accusation of being a party to Buckingham’s rebellion. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £261. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The church was reported in 1859 as bad. There is a Wesleyan chapel. John Norris, the philosophical opponent of Locke, was a native; and his father was vicar.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Gooden Robert, Collingbourne, Wiltshire, maltster, Dec. 4, 1829.
Civil Registration District: Pewsey
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Rural Deanery: Marlborough
Poor Law Union: Pewsey