Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Parishes adjacent to Collingbourne Ducis
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLLINGBOURNE-DUCIS, a village and a parish in Pewsey district, Wilts. The village stands on an affluent of the river Avon, 2½ miles NW by N of Ludgers-hall, and 7½ S by E of Savernake r. station; and has a post office under Marlborough, and a fair on 11 Dec. The parish comprises 3,381 acres. Real property, with Everleigh, £6,141. Pop., 564. Houses, 113. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the duchy of Lancaster, whence the name Ducis; and passed to the Seymours. Collingbourne Heath and Collingbourne Wood lie east of the village. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £716. Patron, the Marquis of Ailesbury. The church is ancient but tolerable; and has a tower said to have been built for a dovecot.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Gooden Robert, Collingbourne, Wiltshire, maltster, Dec. 4, 1829.
Collingbourne Ducis Wiltshire Marriages 1654-1837 - View Online
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Pewsey
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Salisbury (Episcopal Consistory)
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - None, Post-1846 - Marlborough
Poor Law Union: Pewsey
Hundred: Elstub and Everleigh