Codford St Peter is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Ashton Gifford.
Alternative names: St Peter Codford
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1597
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611; 1622
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Table of Contents
- Adjacent Parishes
- Parish History
- Parish Records
View Larger Map
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CODFORD-ST. PETER, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; on the river Wiley, near Codford r. station, 3½ miles SE of Heytesbury. It includes the township of Ashton-Gifford; and its post town is Codford-St-Mary, under Bath. Acres, 1,611. Real property, with Codford-St. Mary, £4,086. Pop., 359. Houses, 63. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £380. Patron, Pembroke College, Oxford. The church is a handsome edifice with pointed windows and embattled tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
CODFORD (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Warminster, hundred of Heytesbury, Warminster and S. divisions of Wilts, 3 miles (E. S. E.) from Heytesbury; containing, with the township of Ashton-Gifford, 394 inhabitants, and consisting of 1614 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £17. 15.; net income, £380; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Pembroke College, Oxford: the glebe comprises about 8 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Warminster
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Wylye
- Poor Law Union: Warminster
- Hundred: Heytesbury
- Province: Canterbury