Chitterne All Saints is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: All Saints Chiltern, Chiltern All Saints
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1731
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1731 1611; 1622
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHITTERNE-ALL-SAINTS, or Chiltern-All Saints, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Wiley, near Knock Castle, 4 miles NNE of Codford r. station, and 8½ E by S of Warminster. Post town, Heytesbury, under Bath. Acres, 4,476. Rated property, £2,482. Pop., 509. Houses, 104. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the South Wilts hounds. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Chitterue-St. Mary, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, 319. Patron, alternately the Bishop of Salisbury and the Dean and Chapter. The church was built in 1863, after designs by Wyatt; is in the perpendicular English style, 102 feet long and 52 wide; has an apsidal chancel with four unsymmetrical windows, and a western tower, 56 feet high; and consists of stone and flint, with Bath stone dressings.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Bishop’s transcripts for Chitterne-All Saints, 1611-1880 Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Chitterne-All-Saints (Wiltshire); Church of England. Parish Church of Chitterne-St. Mary (Wiltshire)
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Warminster
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Wylye
- Poor Law Union: Warminster
- Hundred: Heytesbury
- Province: Canterbury