Chiseldon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Hodson and Badbury.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: Holy Cross
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1641
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1605
Nonconformists include: Primitive Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Chiseldon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHISLEDON, a village and a parish in Highworth district, Wilts. The village stands 4 miles SE of Swindon r. station, and 8 S of Highworth; and has a post office under Swindon. The parish includes also the tythings of Badbury and Hodson. Acres, 4,750. Real property, £8,881. Pop., 1,206. Houses, 262. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £173. Patron, H. Calley, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Thorne Ralph, Snodshill lane, Chisledon, Wiltshire, hay dealer, April 24, 1838.
Marriages at Chisledon 1641-1812 - View Online
Civil Registration District: Highworth
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Rural Deanery: Marlborough
Poor Law Union: Highworth and Swindon