Charlton All Saints is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Wiltshire, created in 1851 from Downton Ancient Parish.
Alternative names: Charlton near Downton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1851
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1851
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CHARLTON, a chapelry in Downton and Standlinch parishes, Wilts; on the river Avon, 4 miles SSE of Salisbury. It was constituted in 1851; and it has a post office under Salisbury. Pop., 393. Houses, 74. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of Downton.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Alderbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Wilton
- Poor Law Union: Alderbury
- Hundred: Downton
- Province: Canterbury