Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Calstone Willington
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1760
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1606; 1664
- Bishop's Cannings
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CALSTONE-WELLINGTON, or Calstone-Willington, a parish in Calne district, Wilts; on the Roman road from Bath, near Wans Dyke, 2½ miles SE of Calne r. station. It has a post office under Chippenham. Acres, 308. Real property, £1,945. Pop., 36. Houses, 9. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged to the Cantilupes and the Zouches; and passed to the Lords Willington. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £192. Patron, the Marquis of Lansdowne. The church was reported in 1859 to need repair.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Calne
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
Rural Deanery: Avebury
Poor Law Union: Calne