Burcombe is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: South Burcombe
Other places in the parish include: North Burcombe and Ditchampton.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1682
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1612; 1623
- Barford St Martin
- Groveley Wood
- Broad Chalke
- Wishford Magna
- Compton Chamberlayne
- South Newton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BURCOMBE, a parish in Wilton district, Wilts; on an affluent of the river Avon, adjacent to the Salisbury and Yeovil railway, 1½ mile W of Wilton. It includes the tything of North Burcombe, and is itself sometimes called South Burcombe; and its Post Town is Wilton, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,450. Rated property, £1,857. Pop., 374. Houses, 85. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £52. Patron, St. John's Hospital, Wilton. The church is so old as to have traces of Saxon; and was restored and enlarged in 1860.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Wilton
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Wilton
Poor Law Union: Wilton
Hundred: Cawden and Cadworth