Blunsdon St Andrew is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Alternative names: Little Blunsden, Little Blunsdon, St Andrew Blunsdon
Parish church: St. Andrew
Parish registers begin:
* Parish registers: 1650
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1668
Parishes adjacent to Blunsdon St Andrew
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLUNSDON-ST. ANDREW, or Little Blunsdon, a parish in Highworth district, Wilts; 3½ miles SSE of Cricklade, and 3½ NNW of Swindon r. station. Post Town, Broad-Blunsdon, under Swindon. Acres, 1,422. Real property, with Broad-Blunsdon and Bury-Blunsdon, £5,858. Pop., 84. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. Blunsdon Castle Hill has a camp, commonly regarded as Roman. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £305. Patron, H. Calley, Esq. The church is fair.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Highworth
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Cricklade
- Poor Law Union: Highworth and Swindon
- Hundred: Highworth, Cricklade and Staple
- Province: Canterbury