Blackland is an Ancient Parish in the county of Wiltshire.
Other places in the parish include: Quemerford.
Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
* Parish registers: 1757
* Bishop’s Transcripts: 1594; 1603
Parishes adjacent to Blackland
- Calstone Wellington
Historical Descriptions of Blackland
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BLACKLAND, a parish in Calne district, Wilts; near the Roman road, 1½ mile SE of Calne r. station, and 7 ESE of Chippenham. Post town, Calne, under Chippenham. Acres, 537. Real property, £1,604. Pop., 54. Houses, 12. The property is divided among a few. Blackland House was formerly the seat of the Maundrells, and is now the seat of the Tanners. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £160. Patron, the Rev. James Mayo. The church was repaired in 1859.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Family History Links
Civil Registration District: Calne
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Treasurer of Salisbury in the Prebendal of Calne
Rural Deanery: Avebury
Poor Law Union: Calne