Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Ashton Keynes with Leigh
Parish church: Holy Cross
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1582
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
Parishes adjacent to Ashton Keynes
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHTON-KEYNES, a parish in Cricklade district, Wilts; on an affluent of the Thames, 2½ miles NNE of Minety r. station, and 4 W of Cricklade. It includes the chapelry of Leigh; and has a post office under Cricklade. Acres, 3,820. Real property, £8,086. Pop., 1,070. Houses, 242. The property is much subdivided. Ashton-Keynes House is a chief residence. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and. Bristol. Value, £325. Patron, J. Swinford, Esq. The church is good; and there are two dissenting chapels, and charities £119.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Ashton-Keyness, 3¼ m. W. Cricklade. P. 1332.
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Ride Thomas, Ashton-Keynes, Wiltshire, tallow chandler, March 2, 1822.
- County: Wiltshire
- Civil Registration District: Cricklade
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Wiltshire
- Diocese: Gloucester and Bristol
- Rural Deanery: Cricklade
- Poor Law Union: Cricklade and Wootton Bassett
- Hundred: Highworth, Cricklade and Staple
- Province: Canterbury