Wormleighton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Warwickshire.
Parish registers begin: 1586
Parishes adjacent to Wormleighton
- Fenny Compton
- Wills Pastures
- Claydon with Mollington
- Priors Hardwick
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WORMLEIGHTON, a parish in Southam district, Warwick; on the Oxford canal, 1½ mile E by N of Fenny-Compton r. station. It has a post-office under Leamington. Acres, 2,320. Real property, £3,980. Pop., 203. Houses, 39. The property belongs to Earl Spencer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £80. Patron, Earl Spencer. The church was recently restored.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Wormleighton, 7 miles E. Kineton. P. 188.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Warwickshire
- Civil Registration District: Southam
- Probate Court: Post-1836 - Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory), Pre-1837 - Court of the Bishop of Lichfield and Coventry (Episcopal Consistory)
- Diocese: Worcester
- Rural Deanery: Stonleigh
- Poor Law Union: Southam
- Hundred: Kington
- Province: Canterbury